This Privacy Notice explains how Kulture Seekers (referred to herein as “Kulture Seekers” or “we” or “us”) collects, uses, and shares the personal information of the Users (referred to herein as “Users” or “you” or “your”) of Kulture Seekers’s official website (“the Website”). Kulture Seekers is committed to protecting your rights in relation to your personal information and confirms that all personal information submitted by you to the Website will be processed in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulations (“the Data Protection Legislation”). Any links to third party websites provided on the Website are not covered by this Privacy Notice. When visiting such third party websites, we advise that you check the privacy Notices of each website that you visit.
The Information we collect
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you interact with us and includes the following categories of personal information:
- Contact Information: such as your name, alias, address, phone number, social media user ID, email address, and similar contact data, that you provide by completing an application form to become a volunteer or submit details to connect with the Team via Instagram, Twitter or LinkedIn via the Website
If you do not provide us with certain personal information (for example, if you do not provide us with the personal information that is indicated as mandatory on the Work with Us online form, we may not be able to process your application.
- User Content: such as content of communications, suggestions, questions, comments, feedback, and other information you send to us, that you provide to us when you contact us, or that you post on our website. You should note that where your information is displayed, with consent, on the Website it is accessible to third parties who may independently extract that information for their own marketing purposes. Kulture Seekers has no control over, and accepts no liability in respect of, such access.
- Social Media and Online Content, such as information in social media and online profiles, online posts, and similar data.
- Usage Information: – we use analytics software to collect and process:
- Browsing History (including searches, views, downloads, prints, shares, streams, and display or playback details), and user journey history (including clickstreams and page navigation, URLs, timestamps, content viewed or searched for, page response times, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and download errors), advertising interactions (including when and how you interact with marketing and advertising materials, click rates, purchases or next steps you may make after seeing an advertisement, and marketing preferences), and similar data.
- Device & Browser Information: such as network and connection information (including Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses), device and browser identifiers and information (including device, application, or browser type, version, plug-in type and version, operating system, user agent, language and time zone settings, and other technical information), advertising identifiers, cookie identifiers and information, and similar data.
- Location Data, such as the location of your device, and similar location data.
- Demographic Information, such as country, preferred language, age and date of birth, marriage status, gender, physical characteristics, personal or household/familial financial status and metrics, military status, and similar data.
Sources of information
We collect personal information about you either directly from you or from your interaction with our website. You provide personal information to us when you:
- Use our website or otherwise interact with us
- Complete the Contact Us form
- Create, post, or submit user content on our website
- Request or sign up for information
- Communicate with us by phone, email, chat, in person, or otherwise
- Complete a questionnaire, survey, or any other information request
How we use your information:
We process personal information about you based on the following legal bases:
- The processing is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal information
- You have given us consent to process your personal information for specified purposes, such as to provide our services and other items requested by you. All online subscriptions include the option to directly unsubscribe or you can email Kulture Seekers to request that your preferences are updated.
- The processing is necessary to deliver a contract or service to you.
- To comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject
- To protect yours or another individual’s vital interests
What we use your information for
- Contact and communicate with you in connection with our Services or other notifications, programs, or updates that you may have registered for
- Send you notifications of topics and new posts or services you may be interested in
- Comply with your instructions or to fulfil other, specified purposes for which you have given your consent
- Publicise recorded episodes in which you are featured
- Process job/volunteer applications via the Work with Us online page
- Exercise our rights and to protect our and others’ rights and/or property
- Comply with the law and our legal obligations
Who we share your information with
We share personal information for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice and with the following categories of recipients:
- Service Providers and others who help with our business operations and assist in the delivery of our products and services including, but not limited to, application development, site hosting, maintenance, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, payment processing, marketing, analytics, and enforcement of our Terms of Service Agreement and other agreements;
- Social Media Services. We may work with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers to assist us in offering, providing, delivering, analysing, administering, and improving our Services. These third-party service providers may also collect personal information about or from you in performing their services and/or functions on our Services.
- We may share your personal information with advertisers and marketing agencies that we engage for advertising services to assist us in advertising our brand and services.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we reasonably believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable laws, to comply with or respond to a legal process or law enforcement or governmental request, to enforce our rights
Retention and storage
We will retain your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required by law. The following factors typically affect the retention period for the personal data we store:
- Necessity for the provision of our services, how we obtained the data (i.e. was it via Analytics software or via our contact form, statutory, contractual or other similar obligations)
- Data obtained via analytics software is generally kept for a shorter period. If we process personal data on the basis of consent, we store the data for as long as we retain your consent.
We protect your personal data through technical and organisational security measures to minimise risks associated with data loss, misuse, unauthorised access and unauthorised disclosure and alteration. To this end we use firewalls and data encryption, for example, as well as physical access restrictions and authorisation controls for data access.
We take all reasonable steps to protect any personal information you submit via the Website. However, as our website is grouped to the internet, which is inherently insecure, we cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, we have no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the Website.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Your rights differ based upon the data protection laws in your country, state, or territory. However, in the UK, as an individual, you have explicit rights under the Data Protection Legislation which include one or more of the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request for copies of your personal data. Please note that, to the extent permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for the first or further copies of your personal information requested by you
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information concerning you and, depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to erasure (also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’) – You have the right to request that we erase some or all of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions
- The right to be informed- You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data;
- Withdraw Consent. You may have the right to withdraw consent you have provided to us where we rely solely on your consent to process your personal information. You can always provide your consent to us again at a later time.
How do I submit a request?
To make a request or exercise your rights, please do the following:
When you make a request, we ask that you help us with the following:
- Tell us which right you are exercising
- Tell us more about your relationship with us
- Help us verify your identity: We may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you or before we process your other requests
- Depending on your request, we will provide a response to you via email, if you prefer to receive our response in another way, then please let us know your preferred delivery mechanism to receive our response.
Kulture Seekers takes all reasonable steps to keep personal data in its possession or control, which is used on an ongoing basis, accurate, complete, current, and relevant, based on the most recent information available to us. If we are advised of a change of information, we will update the data accordingly.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to legal, technical or business changes. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you of any significant changes that we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable law. You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Privacy policies of other websites
Your privacy is important to us. Please address any comments, concerns, complaints, or questions regarding our Privacy Notice to email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal information in a way that is not in accordance with the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in the UK responsible for the implementation and enforcement data protection law: the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”). You can contact the ICO via their website – https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ – or by calling their helpline – 0303 123 1113 or write to them at ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Cheshire SK9 5AF.